I took a nice long walk this afternoon basking in fall-time sunshine and it was dinner by the time I got back. I made another soup, using leftover baked butternut squash (thanks again J!). I added some Lazy Dumplings (flat dough disks). The soup came out fantastically rich with nice tender dumplings.
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
- Add 3-4 cups of water to a pot
- Add half of pre-baked butternut squash (whole)
- Half an onion (whole)
- 2 carrots
- 1.5 spoons of low sodium miso
- Bring to boil. Discard carrots and onions.
- Add lazy dumplings to the bowl of soup
- Mix water & unbleached flour
- Roll into circles then flatten. Imperfection makes them perfect
- Throw into boiling water
- Boil until it looks ready